For any Buff Chick who loves to get creative and have fun in the kitchen... this one's for you! The one-and-only JamaRR Royster – aka @pancakegawd – whipped up this super fun recipe using our Iced Cappuccino flavored Buff Whey. This is the perfect way to sneak a lil protein into a super tasty dessert!
Protein-Packed Iced Capp Churros
Makes 10 servings
¼ cup of vegetable oil
3 cups of water
3 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
2 scoops of Iced Cappuccino Buff Whey
1. In a small saucepan, add your oil, water, and 3 tablespoons of sugar and bring it to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir through the flour and Buff Chicks Iced Frappuccino protein powder, until it forms a ball of dough. (Add a little bit of water as your stir to avoid a super liquidy batter. The batter may not need the full 3 cups of water).
2. On a plate, mix the rest of your sugar and cinnamon to form the coating.
3. Transfer the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip (It’s okay if a star tip isn’t available). Pipe the dough over the churro maker (or a pot or air fryer – see note below for more details). Fry them until golden brown.
4. Transfer the cooked churros onto a paper towel and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
5. Roll churros in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
6. Repeat process until all the dough is used up. Serve with warm chocolate sauce.
If you don't have a churro maker, we suggest frying in a deep pot, add 3-4 inches of oil. Heat on high until it reaches 190C or until a piece of dough sizzles and rises to the top. Or preheat the air fryer at 375°and line the air fryer with parchment paper and a light coat of oil spray. Cook for about 10min or until they are golden brown.
If you whip up this delicious recipe, don't forget to post it on Instagram and tag us @buffchicksupplements!